Happy birthday to me, Happy birthday to me! In celebration of my recent/not so recent birthday (cancer baby!), I will share 21 life lessons and random tid bits that I have learned over the years. Now that I am 21, I am apparently a full fledge adult so hopefully all the tips and lessons below reveal this.
P.S- these are not in any order of importance
- I really like my middle name, and not because of Lupita N’yongo (I love her and the fact that her last name sounds similar to mine, but I liked my name before her)
- Having your eyebrows on fleek is a must, no if ands or buts. Get yourself an amazing eyebrow routine.
- I like the color white a lot! It makes me really happy, and I want an all white room in my dream house.
- God is sovereign and Lord over anything and everything in my life, no ifs and or buts.
- Be unapologetic about your quirks, it’s what makes you you.
- My parents are actually very inspiring and have given me so much more than I could ever give back to them.
- I have a weird obsession with suitcases/luggage. It’s weird, but I love them so much.
- Everyone needs a good group of friends to support them and keep them accountable.
- You don’t need a lot of friends; Life is not a popularity contest. Who cares if you have a lot of followers on Facebook.
- Holding grudges is dangerous for your peace of mind. Having a forgiving heart is important for you and the person at fault…but more for you. Learn this lesson now, it took me practically 21 years to learn the art of forgiveness, and Im so glad that I finally did.
- I am more than a student; I am a sister, a cousin, a daughter, a friend, and a servant of Jesus Christ.
- You can’t change people…but you can pray for them.
- Sometimes it is better to listen and observe than to speak up.
- Sometimes it is better to speak up. Don’t hide your voice because you think you aren’t qualified. YOU are made qualified by God!
- My sisters are funny, beautiful, and inspiring. I am blessed to be a part of our sisterhood.
- Nothing in this world can break you if you have Jesus. You will overcome any obstacles and pain that come your way. Not only will you overcome them but you will also grow from them.
- Stop touching your face! Unless you want acne.
- Dress to impress…yourself.
- Never lose hope and continue to lean onto the promises of God.
- Your past does not determine your future if you don’t want it to.
- I love me, and you should love yourself too. People will not love you properly and you will never know how to love someone else properly if you can’t love yourself and understand the love that Jesus has for you.